Car insurance

Searching for the right car insurance can be complicated. So we’re here to make your life easier. Whatever your car’s shape or size, our team of experts are here to help you drive with confidence under the right cover.


Home insurance

Finding the right insurance to protect your property and all its belongings is often a difficult process. That’s why we’re here to find you a policy tailored to your home, giving you extra assurance in your insurance. Whether you’re a homeowner, landlord, or building a property, we can help you with the right insurance to keep your house a home.

Group 5782

Travel insurance


Van insurance

On the lookout for the right van insurance? Our expert team will find the right insurance to have you covered. Whether you’re a sole trader or have a fleet of vans, we work with a range of insurers to provide you with the right cover to keep you and your van on the road.


Farm insurance

We understand the constant demands of farming, so we’re here to make one thing much easier. No matter the size, we work with you on a personal level to protect your livelihood and help find the most competitive cover that your farm needs.


Business insurance

Searching for a business insurance deal? From home offices to large enterprises, we understand that every business is different. That’s why our expert team works hard to find the right policies and protection for your specific business needs.

Don’t forget to pack travel insurance

Going abroad? Whether you’re a frequent flyer or are just jetting off for your annual Summer fortnight, it’s important to sort the right travel insurance that you need at the time of booking. We know that customers shop around to get the best deal. Fair enough, so do we. In fact, as an insurance broker that is what we do!

From the moment you purchase your insurance to the moment you return home, you can enjoy your trip with peace of mind, should the unexpected occur. Whether you’re travelling with your family or you are away on business, travel insurance covers you for cancellations, lost baggage, illnesses and missed departures.

We offer policies for single trips and multi trips if you’re a frequent flyer. Plus, we specialise in cruise and golf insurance cover.


Get in touch

Choose the right cover for your travels

Single Trip Cover

Single Trip Cover

This will cover you for one destination, a one-off holiday, that can last up to 90 days.

Get a Quote
Multi Trip Cover

Annual Multi Trip Cover

This type of cover is ideal for frequent flyers who go on multiple trips in one year.

Get a Quote
Winter Sports Cover

Winter Sports Cover

This is a good idea if you’re going on a skiing trip or away for the winter holidays.

Get a Quote

Trade Union Members

We also provide a comprehensive range of travel insurance policies to trade union members for a variety of holidays and trip types. To get a competitive quote please select your union from the below.

Travel Insurance policy benefits

  • Online medical screening
  • No hidden transaction fees
  • Private Health Insurance discount
  • Over 50 sports and activities covered free
  • Winter sports cover included with annual policies
  • Emergency helpline

* Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria apply. 

The travel agent/tour operator/airline company that I booked with has gone into administration. What should I do?

If you are an AbbeyAutoline policyholder and have lost your holiday, we will change the dates on your insurance policy to cover your new holiday provided you are not intending on submitting a claim. To arrange this, please contact our customer service team on 091545958 within 30 days of the travel company going into administration.

What do I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?

You should report any loss or thefts of passports to the local police in the country you are in as soon as possible. You will need the crime reference details they provide for the APS1 (which is the Lost or Stolen Passport Notification) form. You should also report the loss or theft to the Irish embassy of the country you are in. You can get details of your local Irish embassy wherever you are by visiting the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs. The Irish embassy will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

We advise that you take your travel insurance certificate and the relevant policy wording away with you. If you do not have these documents, please contact us on 091545958 or email and we can email these to you again.

How many times can I go away if I have an Annual Multi Trip policy?

When you buy one of our Annual Multi Trip policies you are covered to go away as many times as you want. Don't forget however that there is a maximum per trip duration of 60 days on the platinum policies and 45 Days on the Gold policies.

Can we all travel independently on an Annual Multi Trip policy?

Yes, everyone on an Annual Multi Trip policy is entitled to travel independently, but children under 18 who travel alone must be dropped off and picked up by a responsible adult aged over 21.

What happens when my Annual Multi Trip policy expires?

We will write to you 31 days before your Annual Multi Trip policy expires to remind you that your policy is coming up for renewal. If you have any questions about your renewal, please contact us on 091545958 and speak to a member of our sales team.

Contact us

By phone 

+353 91 545 958 (Travel insurance)

+353 91 560 615 (Travel insurance claims)

By email

By post

Ireland Assist House
22-26 Prospect Hill

Personalised Service

Need to make a claim?


Arrange a callback

We’ll call you back at a time that suits you. Just fill out the form below and a member of our team will give you a call.

Our telephone opening hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. A member of our team will be in touch during these times to discuss your query. If you require immediate assistance, please call +353 91 545 958.



Need to speak with us? 0818 808 666